At church yesterday I had to leave for a few minutes to get something. When I got back inside the church I was looking for my family and saw all the new people/friends in my life, I got a warm feeling of being HOME. It has been 21 days since I got baptize and saved on Easter Sunday; a day before my birthday. I’ll never forget it. There have been some changes in my life here are a few.
I’m busier in the community. I and my son go the church Sundays and group bible study on Wednesdays evening. Also, I have been volunteering with the Children’s Choir at the high school after school for 2 hours twice a week. That will most likely end this week because the play is on Friday evening. I’ll try to find something else to get into. Message me you can think of anything. I’ll pray about it.
I don’t watch as much TV as I did. Mostly now it’s with my son between 7-9 p.m. we watch a family movie just before his bedtime. My son and I now eat at the dinner table together and take turns saying the blessing. Before my son would eat at the kid’s table and we would eat in the front of the TV in the front room. I’m reading more, the Bible, Sunday’s school lesson book, and a book my pastor loan me.
I have favorite sayings and verses:
- From Facebook:
- Recently, I told someone that I was following my gut until I got a better understanding of the bible. I was so wrong in saying that. I am allowing God to guild me in this Amazing journey I’m on. Another way to say it is I’m following God to “places” I need to go…. I just bet the person I said it too knew that… but knew I had to realize it myself.
- Rev. 3:20
- “Here I am. I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”
- John 14:16-17
- “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.”
- Exodus 14:14
- “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
- From an Elder, posted on his son blog:I don’t think he’ll mind.
- —-let’s pause for longer periods and ponder BIG things that God has done for you, for me. You think God seems far away, elusive?… Start obeying what God is telling your inner self to do…..God will be much closer than you thought.
- Me to my pastor:
- I’m READY!
Finally, my mind frame has change. I have self-control over my eating habits now. I don’t eat as much junk food or drink as many Cokes anymore. I drink more water and eat smaller size meals; less snacking between. Sshh……….I lost 9 lbs it’s not a lot for someone my size, but I will lose more. I’ve fallen more in love with my husband. I’ve fallen head over heels in love with God and He with me. I have more patience with people and things, before it was just mostly with my son. I found peace and joy with a few things and I healing. Hey that’s what happens when you get saved. You get an overhaul from God. Fruit of the Spirit Galatians 5:22-23. THANK YOU GOD.
Take what you need, leave the rest, love and peace to all.