June 30, 2015: Today I didn’t have a clue what I would be writing about. It happens a lot to me not knowing, I usually go about my day until it hits me. Then I feel a powerful sensation to write even at 1:30 a.m. Good thing I had a nap today and my husband will be doing the driving in the morning. So here it is:
God uses us. He uses our pass experiences to help others. I not saying God makes bad things happen to us. I’m saying God takes our good and bad experiences and uses them to help ourselves and others.
My young friend was in a car accident before I meet him and his family. His accident dramatically change his and his family lives. His accident plays a big part in my life now. Here is how it goes.
- My friend’s accident.
- Throughout his recovery his father writes a blog. The blog gives comfort to others including me.
- The father’s faith grows stronger. It shows in the blog.
- The step mom has to quit her job to take care of young friend.
- My son’s choir gets invited to young friend’s church to sing by father.
- We get invited to a church event and I meet young friend’s step mom.
- She invites me to Sunday school class that she teaches.
- I see step mom with young friend and see the strength and grace she has in helping him.
- I feel draw to her because young friend reminds me of my experiences with someone else.
- I start thinking about God.
- I talk to step mother. We talk about her experiences with step son and other stuff which leads to… The Big one
- I get Baptize and SAVED.
Now let’s talk about all these steps.
- Would steps 2 – 4 happen if step 1 didn’t happen? Probably Not
- What about steps 5-7 would they had happen if not 1 happening? Maybe
- Let’s think about steps 8 & 9 would they happen if not 1? No way
- And step 10. Possibly
- What about 11 happening if not step 1? I don’t think so.
- The BIG ONE, STEP 12: Would I have got Baptize and Saved if not for STEP 1 my young friend’s accident? I don’t know. He doesn’t know. But God knows.
Revelation: 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
I did leave out some parts of this story, but I think you get the idea. I bet if we look hard enough Step 1 created more steps that helped other people too.
- I wrote this trying to help my friend and other people to see God uses us….…Nope wouldn’t have happen if not for step 1…… Revelation 22:21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen. (The last verse in the Bible)
Take what you need, leave the rest. Peace and love
Picture downloaded from: http://www.unityingrace.com